BACK TO BASICS


I'm back on the lovely island of Caye Caulker. Got in late Friday evening.
(Photo taken this morning from my apartment's front door)
It's a bit choppy and cloudy. Scattered rain predicted for the next couple of days. Who cares, I'm here and it's still #1 Paradise Street!

Yes friends, PARADISE!

As Bob Barker would say on the Price is Right "Come on Down"
  • Doggie T-Bone wakes me up around 6:30 a.m. by jumping on bed and tugging at my hair. He want's to be let out to play with his friends & use the loo. T-Bone is my alarm clock.
  • Thankfully, I wake up early. It is so joyous to waking up in the mornings and hearing the palm leaves sing from the constant trade winds,
  • the day has begun, the first water taxi is loading up to depart to Belize City, and you can hear the rev of the engine as it throttles for take-off,
  • Radio Belize blaring some kind of "Good Mawning Belize Show" from my too close neighbor's radio in the back, this starts around 7:30 a.m,
  • The stray dogs in my yard barking at the early morning dog walkers and in between all these random sounds, silence punctuates. Beautiful blissful silence as you watch the sun rise above the palm trees out front. For a person who has self-diagnosed herself with A.D.D. silence use to be deafening, now, it's Bliss.
  • I'm happy to be an early bird, the best time of the day for me. Sip hot coffee, lie in a hammock and pet the dogs, take in the scenery all by my lonesome. The Hostel Guests don't get up for another 2 and a half hours. They were up later than I.
  • BLISS! BLISS! BLISS!

Comments