A Beautiful Day on Caye Caulker

I woke up today in the foulest of moods. The usual come down after afun weekend away, when I'm suddenly back on my tiny island wondering what the hell to do with myself other than running in circles like a hamster in a cage. The highs in my life are usually followed closely by the lows.


I looked out the window at a perfect beautiful day when the sun pronounces all the colors of the Caribbean vividly. I have been waiting for a day like this for the past month, in which the villian Grey Skies had defeated the heroine Sunshine. My sheer longing to be on the sea had my anxiety levels at an all time high, and I wanted to jump out of my own skin.
The natural conclusion was to get in the Caribbean Sea at the earliest opportunity before I cause my health any more harm.
Palm trees and people having fun - I see most days to the point of boredom, but what lies beneath the sea at the Barrier Reef..............I had not seen in a long time & I live within swimming distance.
It didn't hurt that I also needed a spiritual cleansing and what better trip to take than Ras Creeks heritage tour to the local reef. On this trip you can hand feed the birds from the deck of the boat, jump in the salted water, play with rays, explore corals, look for conch in the sea grass, snorkel at sunset & WATCH an amazing sunset, and eat the best 3 course Belizean dishes like ceviche & veggie rice with stewed chicken and vegetable pasta salad, Ms. Star prepared.

This trip with Ras Creek is an old remedy of mine to "change my bad vibes" an so far has been fail proof. I felt the need to indulge in a little Belizean culture at the same time, and happy to get away from the United Nations complex in Belize called Tina's Backpackers Hostel, where I generally lock away from guests, leaving Belize unrepresented. With Ms. Star & Ras Creek on board, Belizean culture & hospitality at it's finest is what you're going to get.

After looking at the pictures of today, even I have to wonder what it is that I whine about other than the occassional feeling of being shipwrecked & fighting the urge to send out an S.O.S!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lovely pictures! Hope you are feeling refreshed and energized!
Unknown said…
Oh my! What a wonderful world!
Jenns Theatre said…
Gorgeous colours. I miss Belize!