NATIONAL SECURITY IN A BANANA REPUBLIC

Keeping Coco Loco up to date with politics in Belize, I pointed out that for the first time ever, a former Prime Minster of Belize is arrested and he was charged with theft of $10 Million dollars.

I told her about the meeting where the Minister of our Banana Republic's National Security and Commandants of various local forces showed up on Caye Caulker recently as part of their countrywide initiative to try and unite citizens and our security forces in collaboration to fight crime.

Allegedly, since I was not present at the meeting but heard through the Coconut Wireless, the villagers of Caye Caulker stood up and told the Minister, in a nutshell, that they do not trust the Police force posted on Caye Caulker (ANY) because they quickly befriend the criminals and break human rights laws, some are corrupt and most turn a blind eye to the real security issues affecting the island and so they refuse to work in conjunction with criminals. The Minister shook his head in disbelief and said of all the other parts of the country he had visited, this meeting on Caye Caulker was very strange indeed.

Coco Loco chimes in.
Coco Loco: "Not all the police are bad, I remember the last time I got so drunk at the disco 7 years ago, and one helped me out. After too many shots, I lost my legs, they just went jelly on me and I didn't know how I was going to get home. This one, he took me home on piggy back all the way to the other end near the airstrip, they didn't have a four wheeler, golf cart or bicycle back then."

Comments

barjon said…
I support Coco Loco. Not all police are bad.