COMING TO TINA'S HOSTEL? Bring ear plugs!

Lack of pretension is Tinas Hostel greatest charm.

I woke up to the warmness of Cash cozied up in a curled position at the base by my ankles trying to escape the tail end of the cold front of the past week. I wiggled my toes from under gently and pulled my feet so as not to wake him, and turned around to view the hostel monitor in the corner which is on 24 hrs a day.

At first glance, I thought I was having a bad dream and all the people motionless on mattresses on the floor down the hall on the first floor had suffered some terrible Jim Jones cool-aid effect by drinking some poisonous brew at the party last night.......or ...... who the hell knows why they were there.
I quickly got dressed and scurried down the slippery wet stairs under the heavy rain to investigate. I couldn't wait for the storm to pass, I had to dance in the rain. Curiosity was killing this cat.

Several people from 2 of the dorm rooms had emptied out into the hall. They are able to sleep through loud music and in general racket outside, but found that they could not bear the loud thunderous snore of the Norwegian brothers who I had split into two separate rooms disrupting all together a total of 6 persons.
After consenting to re-arrangement at the request of several guests, we decided to put all the snorers into one room tonight, problem solved for today without anyone checking out. Phew!

Thinking of coming to Tinas? Don't forget to pack the ear plugs. Despite the noise, travellers warn others that it is easy to lose a week or two at the Hostel.

Comments