Caye Conversations

Black Entertainment Television (BET) was visiting various parts of the country recently fliming interesting tid-bits. They came to Caye Caulker to film on Ras Creeks, Heritage Cruise.

ME: "So how did the BET Television filming of your tour go?"

RAS: "Not as well as I had wanted"

ME: "Why?"

RAS: "they said they were going to come at 2:00 pm, then they showed up at 10:00 am and I was not ready. I have to go dive the conch when I'm out at the reef to make the ceviche fresh, you know that. So they showed up early and started filming immediately. While I was busy assisting with that, they kept asking, where is the ceviche?

I guess they expected miracles and I could just say
"LET THERE BE CEVICHE!"
I didn't even have time to get wet yet, do my show with the sharks, much less find the conch and cut up the vegetables......and all the while, the guy in charge of the film crew kept looking at me tapping on his watch...."


Comments

Mike Desabrais said…
I am a videographer by trade. Any good producer knows that it is difficult to align all the stars and the sun and the moon in order to get the perfect scene shot. Perhaps it was the time change, perhaps it was the editor hounding him for footage so he could make the deadline, perhaps it was his own foolishness, or the lack of budget to keep the crew going all day so they could document the life of a fisherman?

In any case, the pressure of producing TV and Caye Caulker time are not symbiotic. Thank your lucky stars if you are blessed enough to live on Caye Caulker. The rest of the world is rushing and trying to make things the way they are not intended to be. It is a pass-time for fools, and those who are intent on being unhappy while blaming others for their woes.