REVISITING A FAVORITE VILLAGE - GALES POINT MANATEE


Back in January 2008, I wrote about my first experience visiting the little village of Gales Point Manatee, Belize.

Since then, I have re-visted several times as it is one of my favorite quiet get-away spots in the country.

On this weekend, Aquaboy and I headed down in old Bessie the van with our friends Simeon & Cory to spend an overnight.

While there, we took a few hours to explore the lagoons and the entrance to the little peninsula where we found to our surprise, the fishes were biting like crazy.

After leaving with my $10 bz sack of mango which contained at least a few hundred fruits which I found to be a tremendous bargain, considering we pay a full $1.50 per mango on the islands, I have been O.D'ing with mango flavors especially mango chutney put on everything from pork chops to salads.





















































Comments