CHAT 'N' CHILL BEACH BAR & GRILL - Caye Caulker, Belize

It has been some months since I visited my blog here and posted anything. There were humorous incidents which arose and I could have written about, but I just didn't have the time, and by now have forgotten some of them.

I spent the last 5 months building my new business venture, the Chat 'N' Chill Beach Bar & Grill on Caye Caulker, while at the same time, working on the new beachfront estate Aquaboy & I bought a few years ago, all the while indulging in the wonderful quiet life off the grid.  It has been bliss!

The restaurant & bar, placed on choice beachfront here on Caye Caulker, has me working 14 hour days! For some reason, I did not anticipate that much work and am having difficulty being on a schedule again, which has thrown my entire life off track on that early retirement plan.

What I like about being in business again:

Working with past loyal employees again.
The colorful & cheery place with the spectacular views.
Free drinks & food at my own bar.
The Socializing aspect.
The money-making aspect.
The excitement of something new.

What I don't like about being in business again:

Dealing with impatient tourists (particularly the cruise ship day trippers who are obviously always in a hurry)
The long hours & extra work not anticipated.
The stupid complaints "why does the fish taste so fishy?"
The restrictions placed upon a business owner by VC which hampers one imagination "no live music" etc.



Having to hunt down fish & lobster which is often scarce on an island & hard to find, yet every customer asks for (most local fishermen have joined the tourism industry & given up on fishing)

Comments

windowsurfer said…
Just down from the Peach on the Beach?
Tyler Harbick said…
Beautiful beach bar :)