CAYE CAULKER - THE DANGERS OF TOUR GUIDING

Tour Guide: "If your hand get's caught in the mouth of a jewfish at Hol Chan while feeding it a sardine, or your fingers in an eel's mouth - you know that you SHOULD NOT jerk your hand back or it will rip the skin to shreds right?"
 

Photo from Jungle Water Tours
Me: "Right."
 

Tour Guide: "A jewfish I tried to feed a sardine to swallowed my hand to the elbow one day. I didn't jerk, when he opened his mouth, I was able to pull my hand a little further out - that thing clamped down and bit me 4 times before I freed my hand - chomp/chomp/chomp/chomp, other than puncture holes, I saved my arm from shreds"

----------------------------------------------------------------

TOUR GUIDE: "There was a time I was leading snorkellers at Hol Chan Marine Reserve and I was pointing with my finger at an Eel. I looked back to make sure they saw what I was pointing at and in that brief moment, the damn current drifted my finger straight into the Eel's mouth - what a show my guests had that day - at my finger's expense"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "How about the time so'n'so tried to impress his guests aboard and started playing with the Octopus under the ladder....Do you remember what that Octopus did to him???? Haha! The tentacles latched on to his face and chest and he screamed until the guests all helped pry it off, one tentacle at a time!

Comments