AWARD NOMINATED DIRECTOR FOR "ROOTS IN THE SEA" DOCUMENTARY

Yup,
Even I can't believe it.
Talk about stumbling into something.
I was asked to help out in creating a documentary preserving the History of Caye Caulker, my beloved little island in Belize.
Of Course I was willing to help!
Then Chocolate passed. He is an Icon on Caye Caulker.
We had interviewed him.
We made a short documentary honoring his great work with establishing the Swallow Caye Wildlife Sanctuary protecting the Manatees in Belize and submitted the Film to the 2013 Belize International Film Festival.
We were nominated. Later today they announce winners. We feel we have already won by getting more word of Chocolates good work out to the public.
So then, the Producer who is instrumental in getting this documentary done, volunteering his time, Mr. Michael Desabrais and I walked the red carpet at the Opening Night Gala.
We had a wonderful time.
Life hits you with unexpected twists and turns, this goodness is one of them.
We met the famous Robert Townsend, Actor/Author (Hollywood Schuffle / A Soldier's Story and much more), we met Calypso Rose, the undisputed Calypso and Soca Queen of the World, what an honor!
I grew up listening to her music, especially when she was in Belize for our Independence Day leading the Parades with her vibrant songs.

And then, the best, my son Tyler is spending the summer with me and got to come along for the joy ride.


Comments